Love them or hate them, jokes are at the heart of any good best man speech. It’s a challenge every best man faces when writing their speech, and can make the difference between roaring laughter and painful silence.
Here are our top 11 favourite best man jokes guaranteed to win over any wedding crowd.
- Right, I’d just like to start by laying down a couple of rules. Firstly, if you do have a mobile phone… please, leave it switched on; keep yourselves entertained. And secondly, if anyone texts you any good jokes, could you please forward them to me?
- It’s been an emotional day, even the cake is in tiers.
- I didn’t really know where to start so I thought I’d trawl the internet. After a couple of hours I’d found some really, really good stuff. But then I remembered that I was supposed to be writing a speech.
- We all know the bride is a wonderful lady who deserves the perfect guy. Too bad you don’t always get what you deserve.
- As part of my research, I discovered that according to tradition I am supposed to sing the groom’s praises and tell you all about his many good points. Well, I’m very sorry but I can’t sing and I won’t lie.
- Loyal, caring, sincere, honest, a great man… but that’s enough about me, I’m here to give a speech.
- I read somewhere the perfect best man speech should last as long as it takes for the Groom to make love. So ladies and gentlemen, please raise a glass to the happy couple!
- Seeing the happy couple walking down the aisle earlier today, I’m sure we all agree that the bride looked simply stunning. The groom, on the other hand, simply looked stunned.
- I’m here to tell you all about the groom and how wonderful, caring, and …sorry mate, I can’t read your writing.
- So I’m the best man, although I think I was picked by default since the groom doesn’t really have any other friends.
- I’ve been waiting a long time for the day when someone would finally admit that I am the best man.
We hope you made you laugh and if you have a joke to share, let us know!